During my research I noticed how common it is to run into articles that talk about how “surprising,” “unexpected,” or even “baffling” the results of a study or find is to scientists. Although I know Creation Scientists are probably often surprised as well, I can’t help thinking that scientists would be less surprised if they all had a more accurate worldview.
Here are some of the surprises that we’ve uncovered recently:
• Exoskeletons occur much deeper in the fossil record than expected
• Birds don’t fit in the neat categories they were sure they did
• Men and Women vary differently depending on culture (western culture shows more difference than most)
• Bees go much farther back in the fossil record than expected and have DNA with “striking links with mammals and humans” (they shouldn’t bee so similar!)
• Sunflowers show predictable genetic variation instead of random
• Cod fish don’t have the kind of immune system they “should” have and survive!
• Coral don’t follow the rules “This is exactly the opposite of what we expected,” (this finding might surprise us, too)
• 20 FT [6m] fossil “doesn’t make any sense,”
• Fossilized apes “show a baffling pattern of characters”
• Trilobites showed different features too quickly “Many bizarre species co-existed with highly specialized body parts that defy the theories of evolution in their “sudden” emergence and diversity during the Early Cambrian Period in what is known as the ‘Cambrian Explosion’. (I don’t know if this site is Creationist, but they are certainly skeptical; and their job is to sell fossils!)
• Bats and Whales use the same techniques for Sonar sensing even though they can’t have gotten it from a common ancestor
One of the ways Evolutionists get around characteristics that “unrelated” creatures have in common is called Convergent Evolution. This is not something they mention often to children, because you’re too smart for it, but they talk about it a lot in the science community. Somehow, I don’t think they would have expected development to happen like this if they hadn’t seen it first.
What do they think happened in Convergent Evolution? Here’s the story from Simple Wikipedia:
“Convergent Evolution is what happens “when two species from unrelated lines develop the same traits or features. This happens because they live in similar habitats, and have to develop solutions to the same kind of problems.”
This describes what we see, but gives no reason why it should happen the same way in two or more unrelated creatures (why didn’t the bat start spinning a web, or grow a long sticky tongue to catch mosquitoes instead of wings?). The faith of Evolution shows up more and more. They dare not believe in a smart Creator, so they change the story so Evolution fits no matter what they find.
As for me, I’m going to worship and honor my super genius Creator God as my Savior and Lord!
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Romans 1:18-21
For more check these articles out:
CreationWiki: Convergent Evolution
Evident Creation: Convergent Evolution
In The Beginning online Book by Dr. Walt Brown: Convergent Evolution
And those Blue Straggler Stars: ICR: New Study Can’t Explain Blue Stragglers’ Youth
Latest posts by CreationScience4Kids (see all)
- Convergent Evolution? - January 28, 2016
- Sonar Enabled Plants (and their bat friends) - January 28, 2016
- Do We Believe in Microevolution? A Warning to Us Indies - January 6, 2016