Let’s give thanks to the Lord for all the creationist ministries, TV programs, technical journals and books that help us understand the truth about origins. Some claim that those who deny the Flood and hold to billions of years are “unlikely to find such [creationist] arguments persuasive.”  Yet, many skeptics have not even read The Genesis Flood or the latest from Master Books or considered the biblical and scientific evidence for the worldwide Flood of Genesis.
Rejecting the Global Flood is both biblically lacking and evidentially unsound. Francis Schaeffer held to a Universal Flood and that it was not tranquil. Even the New Geneva Study Bible admits, “A worldwide flood seems to be in view (7:19-23; 8:21; 9:11, 15; 2 Pet. 3:5-7).“ Even if we assume the a flood that covered the Babylonian kingdom, it would be global. Babylonia extended to the foothills of the Zagros Mountains and the Persian Gulf gives this region an outlet to the rest of the world. As Global Flood advocate Gleason Archer rightly points out, “water seeks its own level.” C. F. Kiel , co-author with Delitzsch of the well-known OT commentary, held that, “To speak of such a flood as partial is absurd. Even if it broke out at only one spot, it would spread over the earth from one end to the other, and reach everywhere to the same elevation.” Samuel Driver, co-author of the famous Hebrew lexicon, said that, “It is manifest that a flood which would submerge Egypt as well as Babylonia must have risen to at least 2000 ft. … [a local flood] would not have accomplished what is represented as having been the entire raison d’etre of the Flood, the destruction of all mankind.”
Henry Morris provides 64 biblical reasons for the global nature of the Flood and 36 scientific, historical and cultural arguments. James M. Boice, though not holding to all the tenets of Flood Geology, held that much geologic data “must be explained by a flood of worldwide dimensions.” He also said that, “a flood of that duration [377 days] is not a local flood!” Boice wrote a whole chapter on Flood Traditions and concluded that, “Hundreds of flood stories abound throughout the world in various cultures and are therefore evidence not merely of the historicity of the flood but of its universal extent.” John Byl rightly states, “… since animals were originally vegetarian, there was no animal death before Adam’s fall. Thus all animal fossils must post-date Adam’s fall.”
Truly, the evidence declares, “Noah’s Flood was global!”
“Then you will discern the fear of the LORD And discover the knowledge of God.” (Pr. 2:5).
1) End of Christianity by William Dembski (Broadman & Holman, 2009), p. 61.
2) The Complete Works of Francis A. Schaeffer by Francis Schaeffer, (Crossway Books, 1982, Wheaton, IL), Vol. 2, pp. 94, 95, 134, 135.
3) New Geneva Study Bible, gen. ed. R.C. Sproul (Thomas Nelson, 1995, Nashville, TN), p. 20, Ge 6:17 note.
4) Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties by Gleason Archer, (Zondervan, 1982, Grand Rapids, MI), p. 82.
5) The Genesis Flood by John Whitcomb and Henry Morris, (Presbyterian and Reformed, 1961, Philadelphia, PA), p. 62, n. 1.
6) Ibid., p. 60.
7) The Genesis Record by Henry Morris, (Baker Book House, 1976, Grand Rapids, MI), pp. 199-205, pp. 683-686.
8) Genesis: An Expositional Commentary(Vol. 1) by James M. Boice, (Baker Books, 1998, Grand Rapids, MI), p. 366.
9) Ibid., p. 349, emphasis in original.
10) Ibid., pp. 354, 355.
11) “Evolution and the Fall” by John Byl, http://bylogos.blogspot.com/2009/11/evolution-and-fall.html
Read Jay Hall’s book:
What is Young Earth Science (YES)? How old is the world? Are radiometric dating methods reliable? Is Darwinism substantiated by scientific evidence and valid arguments? How does the Renaissance of Catastrophism relate to the age of the Earth? Has plate tectonics occurred more rapidly in the past? These and other queries are answered in this exciting new fully documented work. This widely illustrated book features support from history, philosophy, geology, biology and physics. Discover this creative and multidisciplinary approach which provides affirmation that this planet is thousands of years old and not billions . . . (continue reading)