[Originally published as Atheists have found the problem—and it’s me]
Every now and then a self professed “atheist” comes to my blog to tell me what an idiot I am. I appreciate this, because sometimes I forget, and it helps to be reminded. They assure me that I am wrong, and EASILY debunked. You can imagine how excited I get at the opportunity to be educated.
But it never happens.
They tell me that there ARE answers to my position. They assure me that there ARE arguments for atheism, or proofs that Christianity is false, and many other things. They promise that they are writing an essay which will teach me WHY I’m wrong, so I can learn a few things and stop being such a big, dumb monkey.
But it never happens. The essay is never finished. The Answers don’t come. I used to sit here at my keyboard all sad and dejected, but then I figured out why the Atheists don’t follow through and provide me with the education I so desperately need:
I Am Unworthy
One such atheist told me over and over that he was working on an essay which would teach me why I was wrong and such, but eventually he told me that he was GIVING UP! And it is all MY fault. He said, “I’m not going to Finish writing the response that I was going to post. You’re not worth my time…” He vaguely explained that this is all MY fault because I “hide behind jokes.. use fallacious arguments, and … resort to name-calling.”
So as you can see, he WOULD totally debunk me, logically, in a rational way, but I haven’t earned the right. Also, he COULD have given examples of how I “hide behind jokes.. use fallacious arguments, and … resort to name-calling” but, again, I’m unworthy of these examples or explanations as well.
We should all simply assume he is correct and resign ourselves to accepting that I am an idiot who is not worth debunking. I am BARELY worth being told that I COULD be debunked but I am not worth it.
I assured this person that they were in good company, as I was given a LAUNDRY LIST of reasons why another recent “Atheist” visitor refused to debunk my arguments, and I shall now share those with you.
Here are just the most recent reasons why one particular atheist REFUSES to waste his time actually explaining why I am wrong about anything or share the reasons, arguments and evidence to prove that I am in fact mistaken about a great many things. Instead, he tells me over and over why he WON’T answer my position, and assures me that I am a liar with many personality defects:
- “there are very good arguments against your religious beliefs… elsewhere”
- “…you dont have the maturity for me to engage in this conversation”
- “I’m not in the mood to explain, and I know you refuse to learn.”
- “..your understanding of a great many things are superficial.”
- “See, this is why I’m not going to answer you.”
- “I’m not gonna spend all day petting your ego or your shoulders to placate all of your insecurities. ”
- “You are therefore too morally immature for me to discuss morality.”
- “We can’t try for understanding if you change the subject multiple times without acknowledging my points.”
- “you seem to like to mix and mash definitions and words when it suits you instead of being honest.”
- “…you lie for a living..”
- “..you are lying..”
- “..your arguments not as logical, or backed up by any evidence, but as the speculative, dishonest, twisted lies served in rapid succession as to confuse instead of educate.”
- “I can address all of these issues, but…”
- “I’m not going to waste a whole lot more time on you (again) as you change the subject and do your best to ignore what I say. I’m not going to get into the “why” when you refuse to even acknowledge what I believe.”
- “I answered exactly one of your questions so far, and you just won’t accept it. Why on earth would I want to answer them all?”
I can only hope that SOMEDAY I will be met by an atheist who can tolerate me long enough to explain why I am wrong.