[Originally published as Don’t Forget What He Said]
Much of modern science works under the principle that today’s geological processes are the key to understanding geological history. Today’s rates of erosion, decay, and material deposition (among other things) are used to extrapolate back and determine the length of time it took to reach the current geologic condition of the earth.
Although this may appear logical, there are geological problems that require the idea to be discarded. The following are only five examples of geological features we see today that no modern process can explain.
- The Grand Canyon is evidence of very deep and wide erosion. We do not see evidence of water eroding in this fashion today, instead, we see rivers erode wide and flat.
- The Grand Canyon exposes thick layers of mud and sand that have been laid down by water. We do not see material of this thickness being transported and laid down today. The layering we see today is thin.
- The layers of the Grand Canyon can be traced throughout the entire continent. In fact, the Redwall layer of limestone is found around the world. Again, there is not a process observable today that is transporting material around the world.
- Likewise, the material of the Navajo Sandstone found in the Southwest was transported there from the Appalachians. There is no waterway today that is carrying material from the Appalachians to the Southwest.
- Sea animal fossils are found high (miles) above sea level. How did they get there? If we are going to use today’s geological processes to answer this question, there will be no answer.
The flood recorded by Moses in the book of Genesis provides an explanation for all of these geological conditions. But rather than accept God’s account of our past, many choose to either wholeheartedly reject it or play games with it and attempt to make it more modern and palatable. God warned us about this through His servant Peter.
First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, ‘Where is this coming He promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.’ But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 2 Peter 3:3-6
Let us not forget what God has said.
- He has said that He created all things.
- He has said that he destroyed the earth as judgment for sin.
- He has said that the wages of sin is death.
- He has said that the earth is being reserved for fire.
He has said that His free gift to us is salvation through the blood of His Son and that all who call upon the name of Jesus shall be saved from the coming wrath. He has said that He will again return to gather His church. What He says is the truth because He is TRUTH.